Saturday, September 17, 2011

Witchy Silhouette

Well hopefully our rough week is finally coming to an end.  My poor daughter got sick this week, which resulted in breathing treatments galore (always goes straight to her lungs!) and hives...yup hives....viral hives...not hives from anything she ate or touched...just hives from her cold.  I hate hives...never had them personally, but just watching them appear on her, growing into a giant covering full arm hive, and then disappearing a few hours later was just plain disturbing.  Not to mention how hot they felt, how itchy she was, and just plain uncomfortable!  But I think we are done with them now...we are working our way off of the Benadryl in hopes that they don't return.  And then I got to celebrate my birthday yesterday as I am fighting the cold the kids gave me as a present!  Aren't they just the best?!  It was a good birthday, though, despite all of the craziness!


A couple of good things came out of Friday over at Paper Makeup Stamps!  The first is that the Witchy Fairy and awesome Happy Halloween Sentiment are being sold separately from the October Kit (which is still available if you want some great Halloween papers and embellishments too!) for a limited time for a very low price!  I love this fairy!  You can see the announcement on the PMS Blog.  I don't have the rubber version of the Witchy Fairy, but I did get the digi version.  I am getting better with digis, but I do still find them more challenging than rubber stamping.  Anyway, I created my own Silhouette from my Witchy Fairy Digi.  One of the other Paper Makeup Artists, without double-checking I think it was Randee, has done this and I have been wanting to try it!  So I printed her out and colored her in with a black sharpie...I had to go over her a second time though as the first pass still allowed you to see the lines of the image underneath.  Then I cut her out and placed her over a circle hole on the front of the card...fulfilling the "Fill the Opening" Technique Lovers Challenge #342 on SCS.


Make sure to see how beautifully the Witchy Fairy can be colored too by checking out the PMS Blog.  I will let you know about the Freebie Friday (the other good thing that came out on Friday) in another post.  Until then, thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!


The Engineering Details
Stamps - Witchy Fairy & Sentiment Digi (Paper Makeup Stamps); Paper - Crushed Curry, Perfect Plum, Whisper White (SU!); Ink - Black Sharpie Marker; Accessories - Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Black/White Bakers Twine (unknown)

1 comment:

Lisa Kind said...

So cool Andrea! Love how you placed her over the open circle to make it look like the moon! Very clever! Hope you had a fab birthday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails